Melissa is another one of my cousins that I didn't get to know very well growing up but I knew that I liked her as a child mainly because she was the daughter of one of my favorite aunts and the sister to some of my most favorite cousins. As we both grew to be adults, I realized a few things about my delightful cousin, Melissa.
Firstly, some of the members of my family have been blessed with dimples. My mother is one of those people but not a-one of her 11 offspring inherited that beautiful trait. Somehow, this cousin and Melissa got them and I have never stopped coveting them!
Secondly, Melissa is also one of those people who seems to always have the right thing to say. She is poised but still helplessly easy-going. She always has something happy to say and it's always a pleasure talking to her. Maybe it's because her dimpled smile is so noticeable that you just have to believe that she's happy. If she's just pretending to be forever in a good mood, then she's definitely fooling everyone.
Another thing I've always admired about Melissa is how in shape she is. Keep in mind that all her sisters are tall and thin with no "behind" (if you know what I mean) but Melissa has made it a point to exercise and man - you should see the woman's arms! Wowsa! She is a babe. I couldn't find a great picture on her blog to display her arms, but just trust me.
Quite possibly the most important thing is that her sugar cookies are as good, easy and as fun to make as they look. I am NOT KIDDING. She is a baker-pro! It is uncanny how mean her cakes, pies and cookies are. She should look like Paula Deen but in reality, she looks like Heidi Klum.Good luck trying to be as great as my cousin. If you want, you could try to snag some tips by heading over to her blog where she shares fabulous recipes, book reviews and more.
2 comments:
3 Things:
1- Thank you for the nice compliments - and yes my hubby is the biggest tease on the planet.
2- You haven't seen me in awhile because I am not so buff anymore.
3- You have inspired me to get in shape so that when I see you again, I am buff.
Those cookies look fabulous!!!! I am so impressed.
Post a Comment