11.28.2007

{the many faces of my links}

Karren
This fireball is one of my favorite cousins. Here are a few reasons why: She loves movies like "Cinema Paradiso", and can quote loads of delicious lines at your request. I'm willing to bet that if she could, she would only dress in Brooks Brothers cashmere sweaters. She's that classy. She has natural, beautiful, black hair that she has never tried to cover up (at least to my knowledge) and has glowing, ivory skin that you want to either touch or steal. She has fantastic taste in music and introduced me to Eisley {bless her soul for that} but not only does she listen to fantastic music, but she also can play fantastic music on her guitar while singing with a low, resonating voice. I’ve heard that her rendition of Matt Pond PA’s makes you wish she would never stop playing.

She is exceptionally well-read. By "well-read", I mean she has read all the books that I've been meaning to read for the last decade but only get about 5 pages into and then get lazy and grab the nearest "Harry Potter" book. For example, she has read Anna Karenina and loved it. Dickens? Check. (I'm willing to bet she even read "Dombey and Son"). Dante? Check. Austen? Devowered. Karren is also really, really, really brilliant. If you knew her family, you would not be surprised. I mean, they’re all brilliant. It’s quite ridiculous. I've heard a rumor that my uncle has a strict rule that before one of his children is allowed to date a person, that person must be able to successfully play an intelligent game of Scrabble with the family, probably using words like "perfunctory" and "antediluvian". She won a Merrill J. Bateman Oustanding award at the J.W. Marriott School of Business where she received her Undergraduate Degree. Here's another article. I told you she is smart.

If you want to catch a glimpse of some more greatness from Karren, head over to her blog as she shares some of her intelligent thoughts, deep observations and inspirational views from books she's read, lectures she's heard and her own convictions and perceptions of life.

4 comments:

Sarahleigh said...

I just have to say that I love these little spotlights. I look forward to them. Thanks for this little spot of sunshine in my day, Liz!

Melissa said...

I used to babysit Karren - how sad is that. (Am I getting old?)

Michelle @ Twig said...

have i ever told you how much i LOVE the way you write??? oh that's right i have!...because you're so good with words!

kt said...

oh, and I always throw in some lolcats for good measure :)

I love you, Lizzy!