9.13.2007

iron deficiency

Yesterday, at work, I split my finger open with one of these. That's right, an X-acto knife. One of my new projects at work is to make a scrapbook for a soon-to-retire employee for his 32 years of service with our company. I was cutting out some intricate work for the front page and the brand-new knife sliced my finger open so badly that one of my co-workers remarked,

"I can see your fat tissue! Not that you're fat or anything."

Not a great thing to say to a weight-conscious person whose legs are shaking convulsively from their dislike of seeing their own blood. After going through 4 gauze bandages, the bleeding finally stopped and we decided not to go to the hospital for stitches, after all.

In conclusion, work is busy. Family life is crazy busy. And my finger is bloody and bruised. Nerve damage anyone?? I hope not.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ouch and gross.

f said...

we must be psychically connected - why was i at urgent care last night till midnight getting 4 stitches after stabbing my finger wtih a knife and bleeding all over my kitchen and again all over their lobby?
annnnnd why did my doctor say, "oh yeah and i did some liposuction while i was in there" regarding my fatty tissue....
sad .... ;o)

Julie said...

Liz, Give me a call at the store if you are serious. Julie

Brandi said...

Ewe, scary exacto knives!! I hate those things for that very reason!