8.30.2007

I need to tell you how cool I feel right now. I got 12 (TWELVE) comments on my blog yesterday. It is a record for moi and I feel fabulous about it. My 23rd birthday brought me --

Birthday Loot:

- one painting easel for my Etsy work (husband)
- 6 canvases for my Etsy work (husband)
- 2 Anthropologie skirts (husband)
- 1 Anthropologie and 1 Nordstrom shirts (husband)
- 1 Nordstrom dress (husband)
- 1 pair of pajamas (sister-in-law)
- 6 colorful Crate and Barrel bowls (mother-in-law)
- 1 gift card to Bath and Body Works
- 1 Peony scented body cream (sister)
- 1 birthday card with other loot (mother and father)
- 1 awesome butterfly balloon (mother and father)
- 1 birthday dinner of salmon tacos with mango salsa at Tia Rosa's (mother and father)
- 1 Bosch mixer (mother)
- 1 unknown present still to be received in mail (best friend)

Seriously, I got a LOT of loot this year! Like, too much, maybe. I feel so spoiled! But thank you everyone for the rad presents, birthday wishes, phone calls, thoughtful cards, support and love. I have the best family and friends. Plus, David picked out all the clothes himself without any help. What a stud.

After dinner, my parents were going to the church to do Humanitarian service (i.e. quilting) so since David was at school until 10 p.m. I decided to go along. After an hour or so, David called to say that he was on his way home early! Hurrah! So, he picked me up early (I'm a bad person) and we went to the store to pick up a piece of German chocolate cake so I could blow out a candle (see picture of David in his skivvies) after which I fell asleep while we watched The West Wing . . . again.

David likes to pretend that he is Sam and talk about how awesome and smart and clever and good looking he is. David has a man crush. Heh heh.

Overall, it was a good birthday and I feel really good about finally having a year to be my favorite number, 23.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I have to show my hubby this blog because last year he didn't get me anything. Glad you had a good day!

Carina said...

Yay! Every girl should be thoroughly spoiled on their birthdays.

cori said...

so happy late birthday. i love all the way cool stuff you got. birthdays are the best!