8.28.2007

ClearPlay Movies of the Week

We watched Hot Fuzz last night on our ClearPlay DVD player. It was both hilarious and weird. Like, maybe, the weirdest movie I've ever seen and probably one of the most hilarious. I was laughing so hard! There were a few points in the movie where David and I looked at each other and said with raised eyebrows, "WHAT IS GOING ON? This is so bizarre!" I would definitely recommend watching the edited version. It's a British movie so the F bomb is used often and the gore is so insane that you have to just laugh because it's so fake (reference: Monty Python and the Holy Grail). Anyway, definitely really weird.

The other movies that we rented are Babel, 300 (I will not be watching this one) and Pan's Labyrinth. We're having a sleepover on Saturday night with our couple friends who are house-sitting a mansion but I can't decide which one we'll watch. I love movies and I LOVE ClearPlay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited about Babel, even before all the Oscar buzz. When I finally watched it with my neighbors, we just sat there at the end, speechless. All I could think was that was 2 hours of my life I will never get back. I was so disappointed.

(Plus there is a ton you won't see with clearplay)

Anyhow, just thought I would give you some warning...

Aileena said...

I love movies too! Pan's Labrynth is strange- but I kinda liked it. I want to watch Hot Fuzz- British humor tends to make me laugh-Do you know Lily Allen? she's british pop star- she's funny. I reccomend Smile and LDN in their clean versions (they are available on itunes.

Anonymous said...

300 is so good! I mean, yes, it's violent, but it's gorgeous, and mighty, and so chock full of manly hotness it hurts.