There are a lot of things that I miss about living in Boston. I miss that when I stepped out of my Brownstone apartment on Putnam, I could take in the fresh air of the Chuck (Charles River) as I took a 5 minute walk to Harvard Square. I easily got on the T on Friday nights and went to the Hatch Shell to watch Friday Night Flicks on the lawn with my fellow Bean-Towners on the river. I went to the North End for a lovely bowl of lobster ravioli and decadent cannoli at Mike's or Modern Pastry (take your pick). I watched the ducks in the Boston Common before walking across the street to see hundreds of historical sites as my heart swells with pride for my country and then do some awesome shopping at the Commonwealth Mall. I took more than one night walk from my apartment to Pinnochio's for a fabulous pizza. I took the T to Beacon Street to browse antiques that I can't afford. I drove to Lexington on a whim and spent the Saturday with a friend at Walden Pond. I drove to Wellesley often (to visit my boyfriend at the time) and drooled over the houses in Wellesley Hills and Needham Heights. I miss knowing that the clam chowder, lobster tails, crab cakes and lobster rolls were all made with fresh seafood (and they were perfect). Man, I miss that "wicked sick" clam chowder. So, if you're ever in Boston . . . please, please, please take me with you!7.10.2007
There are a lot of things that I miss about living in Boston. I miss that when I stepped out of my Brownstone apartment on Putnam, I could take in the fresh air of the Chuck (Charles River) as I took a 5 minute walk to Harvard Square. I easily got on the T on Friday nights and went to the Hatch Shell to watch Friday Night Flicks on the lawn with my fellow Bean-Towners on the river. I went to the North End for a lovely bowl of lobster ravioli and decadent cannoli at Mike's or Modern Pastry (take your pick). I watched the ducks in the Boston Common before walking across the street to see hundreds of historical sites as my heart swells with pride for my country and then do some awesome shopping at the Commonwealth Mall. I took more than one night walk from my apartment to Pinnochio's for a fabulous pizza. I took the T to Beacon Street to browse antiques that I can't afford. I drove to Lexington on a whim and spent the Saturday with a friend at Walden Pond. I drove to Wellesley often (to visit my boyfriend at the time) and drooled over the houses in Wellesley Hills and Needham Heights. I miss knowing that the clam chowder, lobster tails, crab cakes and lobster rolls were all made with fresh seafood (and they were perfect). Man, I miss that "wicked sick" clam chowder. So, if you're ever in Boston . . . please, please, please take me with you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have never been, but it sounds like you could show me around!
Take me too!
best dixon fam vacay=boston.
i heart everything about that lovely city.
you have good taste.
I'm actually moving to Boston right this minute! My house in California is a mess and we are packing a moving truck. It's a long move, but I hope it's worth it.
Post a Comment