5.31.2007

Does anybody else just love the Blueprint blog, Bluelines? I do.

I'm getting very tired of my living room and bedroom decorations lately. I looked through Domino for some ideas and came up with some things. (i.e. I think I need a desk in our bedroom and some sprightly curtains to brighten things up). However, I'm at a complete loss in our living room. I hate our sofa. That's basically what it comes down to. I thought I would love it, and there's still a part of me that does, but my husband's sexy (and might I add, larger) body spooning with my not-so-small self on that couch is a feat that cannot be conquered. Therefore, my husband resorts to the floor or the armchair while movie watching. This has GOT TO STOP!

We have a largish living room. In this room is a white sofa with deep red pillows, a dark blue upholstered leather arm chair with ottoman, (I swear, our house is not Americana) another arm chair that I recovered and love, a smallish bookcase that I do NOT love but it serves its purpose, an upright piano, a long olive green, distressed dresser that holds our television and DVD player. It's just so stinking boring in there. We do have one thing I love: a HUGE window with white, wood shutters. Help. Ideas? I need some rearranging, I think?

1 comment:

Michelle @ Twig said...

If only I was there, we'd go wild on re-arranging/projects/loveliness. Just remember that you already have a wonderful layout of stuff...now just move it around and play with it to make it seem new. Maybe you need to swap things from another room or turn something a different direction, or put a fresh coat of paint on something, or just frame a simple summer picture to add a little sunlight to the room? Just use that creative mind of yours and you'll think of something wonderful!