4.05.2007


Would you like to know what I love?
Spice cake.
This is a yummy pumpkin citrus spice cake
that I don't have a recipe for
but doesn't it look delightful?
Yummm!

3 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

Ahh why do you tease us like that!!!

Anonymous said...

I also love spice cake. It is probably my favorite kind of cake. I should make some sometime. But then I'd have to eat a cake. :S

Marilyn said...

I have been lurking here a bit, found you through inspired simply.

Easter Sunday brought me the best spice cake ever with the most delicious frosting. A dear sister in law shared the recipe, hope you don't mind, I will share it with you...

Spice Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups water
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and then add to dry ingredients. Beat until smooth, batter will be thin. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool.

Cinnabon Frosting
1 lb. butter
1 lb. cream cheese
2 lbs. powdered sugar
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla

Allow butter and cream cheese to reach room temperature. Beat cream cheese and butter together. Slowly add in all powdered sugar. Mix at least and additional 12 minutes. When almost done, add in the lemon and vanilla. (This recipe makes a TON of frosting, you can half the recipe, and have more than enough for the cake.)

I am sorry this comment is so long, but I couldn't resist sharing this recipe with someone.