I made panzanella for dinner the other night.
It was really yummy. Nothing like this with some wonderful martinellis.
I think wine would be really good too
but I don't drink wine.
Here's my recipe anyway:
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small loaf of sourdough bread (cut into 1" cubes)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 large, ripe tomatoes (cut into 1" cubes)
1 hothouse cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded (cut into 1" cubes)
1/2 red onion (cut in half and thinly sliced)
6 ounces fresh mozzarella (cut into cubes)
20 large basil leaves (coursely chopped)
For the vinaigrette:
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a saute pan. Add the bread and slat
cook over low to medium heat, tossing frequently
for about 10 minutes.
2. For vinaigrette, whisk together the ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper,
red onion, basil and mozzarella.
Add the bread cubes and toss with the vinaigrette.
Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Serve, or allow to sit for 1/2 hour for the flavors to blend.
4 comments:
I love panzanella. I made this several years ago after I saw it in Martha Stewart, and I loved it. Nobody else did, though. So, I haven't made it since. :(
Mmmmm this looks delicous! Too bad we don't live together anymore because I probably would have gotten to taste it :o) Nice angle on the pic too!
This reminds me of the Farewell to Summer banquet we had for Sis. S and Bro. H's friend. We made panzanella, I think you made the absolutely YUMMY gazpacho.
Michael, I love gazpacho! Man that sounds good!
Post a Comment