4.04.2006












I sure do love
Claire Elizabeth Nielson. Claire has this way of making declarative statements opposed to the customary interrogatory statements of a four-year-old. Instead of saying, "Do you think that purple unicorns are the best kind of ponies?" She says, "Purple unicorns are the best kind of ponies." It's absolutely stellar. I took Claire on a "date" to Trader Joe's on Saturday night. She looked at me in the grocery cart and said, "Liz . . . I like you." Well, Claire, I like you too. I loved seeing you in Arizona, Toady.

I sure do love Jane Bronwyn Nielson. Jane has this way of saying things with FLAIR. She rarely stops moving . . . stops making up songs . . . stops wanting things pink . . . stops finding something exciting to show Daddy . . . stops wanting to be a part of Claire and Tenna's imagination games. (And really, who can blame her? Mermaids and Princes? Really . . . ) Jane said to me this week, "My mom is going to have a baby . . . but she has to throw up first." I loved seeing you in Arizona, Orangatan.


I sure do love
Oliver Christian Nielson. Ollie has this way of looking at you from across the room and giving you the biggest cheeser you've ever seen in your life. It's so stinkin' cute. Ollie doesn't talk yet but he sure did slobber a lot. The Boy saw him in the backyard one day and he said, "Whoa, that kid sure sweats a lot." It was pretty funny. I guess that's what happens when those little teeth come in. I loved seeing you in Arizona, "Lil' Peanut" (a shot down New Year's Resolution.)

1 comment:

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

liz, this was so cute! you are the best aunt and thank GOODNESS you are not fat, becuase claire would tell you so.