4.03.2006

The Boy and I went down to Arizona for the week. It was SPLENDID.

He was sick right before we left on the trip. Bummer. I was quite "put out" that he was going to be ill on this trip but nothing was to be done.


We had naps in the backyard on the 40-year-old green check blanket (lovingly called "
the wooby"). We ate at Pei Wei, Wildflower Bread Company, Rancho de Tia Rosa and The Cheesecake Factory. We played games with my best friend and her hubby. We drove around Mesa for an hour looking for a Dairy Queen and a Frozen Hot Chocolate.

Who
are we?

We went to Usary Pass and
hiked the Vista Trail with my family. We ate grilled hamburger (courtesy of Russ). We ate my mom's potato salad, pasta salad, rocky road brownies and . . . heaven of all heavens . . . homemade Root Beer. Talk about comfort food.

I watched
The Boy squirm admist my nephew's demands for a shoulder ride up the mountain ("David, did you know I'm four? David . . . David.") and a pretty good wipe of a runny nose of another little nephew. Who knew that boogie wiping could be cute?

I met his Grammie.
The Boy left me alone with her to talk . . . Questions about herself and short answers abounds.

His parents mosied their way on over from Cali. Spent some time with them. Finally got over being terrified of his mother.
Hallelujah!

All in all, it was a good weekend. Thanks
Boy for the sickness that I grumbled about all the way down to The Valley! 'Preciate it! Love ya!

1 comment:

Michelle @ Twig said...

So I decided that you kind of established a "Courtney name" for Dave (the boy) just like she does for her hubby...ya know photog, CK, etc.....!