The Day I Saw The President
On Monday, I saw George W. Bush.
Not only did I see him, but he saw me. Not only did he see me, but he smiled at me. I was 20 feet away from him and I could not contain my joy. I looooooove our President! I went to Virginia this last week with the College Republicans to campaign for Jerry Kilgore for Virginia's new governor. Jerry invited George to speak at a rally the night before election day. Some say that this was "risky" and even a little "unwise". I disagree. I think it is noble and loyal. I don't care what other people say about our president. I think he's doing a bang-up job with this war and his administration. I think it's great that Jerry Kilgore feels the same. More importantly, I think it's great that he showed the world that he felt that way by having President Bush advocate his campaign. Jerry Kilgore is a great man. Campaigning for him became quite personal to me. He stands for everything that I believe in. He stood for good Christian, moral values. He believed that people should govern what they do with their money, not the government.
He believes in pro-life. He believes in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman. He believes in not allowing gay adoption. He believes in keeping only the best teachers in the schools. When he lost to Tim Kaine, I wanted to cry. Virginia's new governor advocates pro-choice, gay marriage, gay adoption and raised taxes. He's "a liberal and proud of it". That's a direct quote.
I feel bad for the state of Virginia. Anyhow, it was great seeing the president even if Jerry didn't win. I'm glad I went.
No comments:
Post a Comment