11.12.2005

To My Dad and his Statue

Dear Daddy,

Today I saw something in D.I. It was a statue. Not just any statue though. Do you remember that statue that Mom gave you so many years ago? It sits so valiantly in your green den. As I recall, it says, "I know this sounds corny, but I love you." Well, today I found its sister. With its familiar unproportionate eyes and plastic ceramic value, it caught my eye as I strolled through the "as is" aisle of D.I. I'm sure that statue has a cute, affectionate story to it but nevertheless . . . it is still horrificly ugly. Love you Dad!

Your loving daughter,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz, That is definitely the sister to the weird statue. I did not give that to him. I think it was Charity or Heidi who did it. Who knows. Mom

Anonymous said...

It was me! I was probably about 11 or 12 and I was so proud of that gift! Hopefully my gift giving skills have improved.
Diane