9.05.2005

That's why they call it an "accident"



Here are some rather alarming pictures of me in the hospital the other day. I got in a car accident on Saturday afternoon in Provo. Basically, a woman hit me on the driver's side in an Albertson's parking lot going quite fast. I got a pretty wicked concussion and stiches on my head with a sweet bruise to go along with it. I look beautiful. A lot like Sloth from "Goonies". I've been going around saying, "Rocky road??". I've been sleeping a lot because the doctor gave me Loritab. I'm a little loopy but it's been surprisingly fun. Orinda Herring and my roommate, Michelle Snyder, took care of me all weekend and when we went to church on Sunday, I was totally out of it. Apparently, I slept through all of the meetings and spoke with a slur to the bishop. I don't remember most of it. I'm going to have to stop taking the pills tonight because I have school in the morning and I can't be crazy in school. Anyway, that's the story of my accident.

6 comments:

Diane Barazoto said...

Liz,
That looks nasty! I hope you are okay. I'm glad you have someone to take care of you up there. What a way to start your semester!
Diane

elizabeth said...

Thanks, Diane. That's nice of you. It was a weird way to start your semester.

C. Jane Kendrick said...

ohhh Liz, if I remember correctly, that may just be the SECOND car accident in like 2 months? am I right? Does P know about this?

C. Jane Kendrick said...

BTW, did you go in an ambulance?

elizabeth said...

You bet. Except it is 2 accidents in 1 month. Neither of them were my fault though. Sheesh. :) I did go in an amublance and I'm pretty sure it was cool. I can't say for sure since I was hardly conscious and kept trying to fall asleep. They wouldn't let me, kept asking me dumb questions like, "What day is today?" and "How old are you?". Silly paramedics.

Mary said...

Wow Liz, I didn't know the cut was sooo bad. Thank goodness it is in the eyebrow area. I hope you are feeling better by now. Love, Mom