9.14.2005

Newport Mansions



When my parents and my brother, Marcus, came out to Boston just before I moved back to Idaho. We spent some time in the city, Cambridge, Canton and just traveling around and having a good time. I loved showing them around town, my apartment, my darling neighborhood and where I worked all summer. Since my parents were flying out of Providence, Rhode Island we decided to spend the last day in Newport Beach, Rhode Island. At Newport are incredible mansions on the most sensational beach. These enormous dwellings are something I can hardly believe are real. I had fun walking around the marble halls pretending that I was a Rockefeller and had scores of money. Up to my elbows in ornate gowns, reading proper books out in the gardens sitting on a gorgeous blanket, eating delicious gourmet food and best of all, taking walks in the backyard . . . which just happens to be the Atlantic Ocean. How splendid! The pictures are of one called "The Elms". It wasn't my favorite, but it had a beautiful outside and we weren't allowed to take any pictures inside. There were beautiful gardens and the fog made the effect much more mysterious and "real". It was a good time. If you're ever in Rhode Island, I would HIGHLY recommend it -- for a small fee.

1 comment:

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

Dear Sister Liz,
I love you so much. Your comment on my blog made me cry! I love you

Stephanie