9.01.2005

Apartment 602




Mom gave me a large floor rug from Last Chance. It is an eye-catching array of blood red, olive green, navy blue, light blue and tan stripes that covered my hardwood floor in Boston and now humbly covers our ugly navy blue carpet here in Rexburg. It's pretty cute and since I moved into this apartment for the fall, I decided to do a little decorating on the very small budget that I seem to be destined to have.

Last year, I found a splendid oil painting of somewhere in Italy (I assume) with a glorious frame for a whopping $5.00 at D.I. The matting was horrific. An ugly Burgundy color. A couple of days ago, I painted the matting a tan color that matches the rug. I also painted a couple of canvases the colors of the rug. It turned out quite pretty. With my new "Honeysuckle Accolade Kitchen-Aid" sitting on my counter that I got for my birthday (thanks Mom!), my life seems so much better. Sitting next to that darling mixer patiently sit my cereal bowls, just waiting for be filled with vanilla almond Special K and Silk Soymilk. I think I have about 30 different bowls in my collection. I can't explain how happy it makes me to see my colorful bowls dancing about on my boring cream colored counter. Red, purple, blue, yellow. Polka dots, curves, swirls. I love bowls. Don't you?

1 comment:

C. Jane Kendrick said...

liz,
you know me, i love bowls. I obssesed with anthropologie ones...they are the best! happy to see what you have done with the place.