7.07.2005

Date with Edvan Costa

Oi! My date with my Latin lover was ". . .". That's all I have to say. No, it wasn't that bad. I was really apprehensive when he called me at 3 p.m. and told me that he was on his way. Um, wow. I was planning on 6 or 7. I told him I had some things to do. He told me he was planning on coming over to my place to see where I live and then doing whatever until we got hungry. Well, I wasn't comfortable with him knowing where I live so I told him that I had some things to do and that I would meet him at the restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory at the CambridgeSide Galleria, at 6:30. I thought being in a public place at all times was a good idea. He's not a scary guy, but I don't know him very well and non-LDS guys sometimes have a different idea of what goes on on a date.

Anyway, right before the date I went over to Matthew's house to pick up a Book of Mormon. He gave me one as well as a "Testimony of Joseph Smith" pamphlet. On the date, we started talking about the church. Again. For some reason, we started talking about prophets and I told him that we have a prophet today. From there, I told him that the priesthood was restored through Joseph Smith and from there . . . I basically gave him the first discussion in the middle of The Cheesecake Factory. It was a little unusual, but cool -- nonetheless. He asked me about the Book of Mormon and I explained some things that he wondered about. Then I asked, "Would you ever be interested in reading it?" He said, "Sure. I read other things than the Bible and that are religious. I would be interested in what is in it." I said, "So, if I gave you one would you read it?" He said, "Yeah. I would.". I reached into my monstrous purse and pulled out that beautiful blue book and said, "So, if I give this to you will you read it?". He said, "Yeah. I will.". It was great. I asked him how well he reads in English and I think he could do it, but I am going to get him a Portugese Book of Mormon tomorrow. When I was leaving, he said, "Don't forget the book!". Eeee, it's so exciting!!!!

2 comments:

C. Jane Kendrick said...

good for you liz...get the elders involved now, and see where it goes!

AliceK[i]ND said...

Liz, You are amazing! You would make such an incredible full-time missionary! The Lord could really use you!