It is such a beautiful day outside! It was a real bummer to have to work all day, especially since some people in my ward were having "backyard games". Because of this wonderful weather (I'm sure), we were insanely busy. I worked in the Grille Room with Bobbi Jo and Christina. There were a few glitches here and there, but everything went pretty well. I'm happy that I'm getting to do more cooking and plating instead of just food prep. I was really impressed with my boss, Chad, today. While we were walking back to the main kitchen from the Grille Room, he told me and Bobbi Jo that the house that he and his wife were planning on buying fell through because the owners decided to stay for another 6 years. Unfortunately, Chad and his wife just sold their townhouse and have to be out in 90 days. They have nowhere to live and not enough money to buy a house anywhere else in the area. He is obviously very stressed out because he has to run a kitchen while supporting a wife (who is pregnant) and their one and a half year old son who is sick. Somehow he has the patience to make it all work. I just really admire that he is able to leave all his worries at the door and be "head chef" while he's at work. It reminded me that I need to do that in a lot of area of my life. I need to focus on the task at hand.
We have a huge 50th anniversary party tonight at the club so we cooked 6 HUGE turkeys. Kenny (this really nice gay guy) makes all the really fancy hor'deurves and he made something that looked fabulous that I have to write about. He took a large puff pastry dough square and then placed diced green apples, brown sugar and cinnamon on it with an entire block of Brie. He placed another puff pastry square on top of that and formed it around the whole thing and then baked it in the oven. Apparently, you eat it with crackers? It sounds divine! Anyway, that was the exciting dish of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment