6.01.2005

June 1, 2005 (IJ)

So, today was a really short day of work! I'm rather annoyed. I was supposed to work from 8 to 4, but there was nothing to do so they sent me home early at 1:00. Arggg. The Grille Room is open every day of the week now except Sunday but since kids in Canton are still in school, there are almost no customers during the week. This morning I helped Bobbi Jo prep for the Grille Room. We did all the normal, semi-boring stuff like slicing tomatoes, quartering pickles, assembling the panini of the day, etc. I'm really hoping to get more hours in and hopefully some more experience in a harder field. Chad (my boss) keeps telling me that things will pick up and get really busy. Any day now! We are closed on Mondays so Sunday and Monday are usually my days off. I asked Chad to make sure I'm not on the schedule next Monday because Stephen is coming into town. He said that it wouldn't be a problem, but starting mid-June he can't promise me days off because they'll get so busy. Fortunately, getting Sundays off will never be a problem. He knows that it's a religious thing and everyone REALLY respects that around here -- especially Chad. I feel very fortunate.

There is a fireside for my ward on Sunday and I've been wanting to ask Mike, the sous chef, to come to it. I was planning on asking him today, but he wasn't working and he is scheduled to work Sunday night so I asked Christina instead. She is the other intern and really nice. She's asked me about what I believe in before and so I invited her to come. She didn't give me a definite answer, but I'm hoping she'll think about it and let me know. It would be really good for her. I'll keep you informed.

No comments: