1. My pyracantha bush is lovely. One huge advantage of living in a 30-something year old house is having mature plants. This bush acts as a buffer from the street and makes a nice little enclave around our house. In the spring, it fills with these blossoms and then in the fall, it produces darling little red berries for me to make Christmas centerpieces.
2. My rose bush . . . I've never loved roses terribly but it's one of the few flowers that grow in an excess here in Arizona. My bush has sadly been neglected by myself but they survived anyway. (Don't mind the disgusting weeds behind or the run-down fence) I also planted some zinnias so I'm hoping they'll bloom soon!
3. The vines that grow around our front window. I just love how they've kind of overgrown around our window sill. It feel so nice on our patio.
4. My pot of herbs. It is so nice having chives, thyme, mint, parsley and cilantro right at my finger tips. My mint is freaking out and growing like a weed but I don't mind.
5. I love opening the doors and shutters this time of year and letting the natural light fill our rooms. The weather is perfect and the breeze feels so refreshing. Plus, it's always a pleasure to have fresh-cut flowers to display somewhere in your home.
6 comments:
Adorable house...adorable.
You make everything beautiful!
I planted zinnias too. They are growing, but now blooms yet. I can't wait. Your yard looks fabulous. You inspired me to post my own spring greens.
I am so jealous of your yard! It is beautiful!
Can i say Mary Nielson...yes, you are just lovely like your mother because you love everything that is lovely. That is cool that you have a pot of herbs.
I don't know where Chase and I are going for medical school yet but we know we are leaving. We are thinking NYC right now.
Love your garden pictures, we don't have much in Rexburg yet, but hopefully soon!
Thanks Liz for doing a header for me, I really am excited to see what you come up with. You are so creative! I don't have a catchy phrase but I think my first name would work, feel free to use Daniel's name or even Zimmer somewhere. I really don't have many ideas. A simple but elegant font will work, greens, purples, oranges, pinks, browns and yellows too. Anything outdoors related- flowers, trees, water, sun, gardens.If anything different comes to you that is great too, I am just leaving it up to you. Thank you again so much, I owe you big time. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Post a Comment