4.21.2008

caprese my heart

One of my most favorite things in the whole wide world is this dish. You can switch up the variations in several ways but I thought I'd just share one of the ways that I make this. A perfect summer dish for Sunday afternoon.

1 large cucumber, halved and sliced
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
8{ish} ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
20{ish} basil leaves, stripped or torn
3 turns of extra-virgin olive oil
3 turns of good Balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

As you can see, I'm not a "measurer". I just kind of put in what looks good but trust me - this dish is delightful and so refreshing!!! Yum!

P.S. I also love a few slices of red onion but David isn't keen on the whole "raw onions" thing so I have to compromise somewhere. Try it sometime.

2 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

if only i could eat tomatoes! but that looks delicious...it reminds me of those fresh mozarella and basil panini's you made us while i was visiting...ooh they sound soooo good right now!!!

Sarah said...

This is one of my favorite dishes too! But when I make it, each child will pick out the one thing they like. And it's different for each one. Such a shame. I need to use fresh basil in it. That sound so good.