3.31.2008

{etsy finds}

As many of you know, Etsy has some awesome things for sale. Here are some of my recent favorites:

1) Wiltshire Hare (by Suss): This wonderful stuffed bunny is made from a vintage sweater. I wish, wish, wish I had a little boy to buy this for. I can see him now, my sweet little Christopher Robin, dressed in a nightshirt on his way upstairs for his bedtime bath. His mousey brown hair drooping over his sleepy blue eyes as he drags the Wiltshire Hare behind him clutched in his chubby fingers. And just before he goes to sleep, he kisses that perfect pink, wool nose and rubs the long ears against his face to soothe him to sleep. OK, now I'm just mixing up children's books.


2) Luggage Disguise (by Bumbles and Lu): I recently scored a great deal on some Victorinox luggage . . . and I mean a GREAT deal. It would break my little frugal heart is someone snatched it up at the airport luggage carousel. If I were to have one of these disguise luggage tags, I have a sneaking suspicion that if a prospective thief were to think about stealing my new luggage, they might see the moustache and chuckle to themselves and say, "Anyone with that kind of humor deserves to keep such a splendid piece of luggage." and I would be home free! What do you think? What's your favorite color of tag? I can't decide.

3) Blue Sky and Cherry Pie Reversible Scarf (by BCharmer): BCharmer is one of my favorite Etsy designers. Her profile alone is worth a second glance. "I consider myself a farmer in the city, growing my own fruits and vegetables and have, in the past, kept bees for pollination and honey (and also for their good company). Knitting was my first three dimensional art form, which led to an interest in spinning my own yarn." I long to be her friend. Don't you? I also long for this cheerful reversible scarf. If only the high today weren't 82 degrees . . . I'd have to wait 7 months just to wear this.


4) Starfish Ring (by Sarah Hood Jewelry): Besides my wedding ring, earrings and the occasional necklace, I've never been a big jewelry fan . . . and then I met this Starfish Ring from Sarah Hood Jewelry. Isn't it lovely? I would wear it to the beach, for sure. Or, at least, to dinner at George's At The Cove in La Jolla.
You can also check out my Etsy shop here.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have a bag in those same fabrics as the scarf. I love that combo.

Michelle @ Twig said...

i heart etsy. isn't it amazing that everyone finds cool stuff that's all different! thanks for these, it reminded me i haven't browsed over there in a while.