My friends and I got together on Saturday morning for a little breakfast at Crackers and Co. It was so good to see them but even better to have some "girl time". When David and I first got married, I didn't believe him when he said that I would want some time for myself or with my girlfriends. In fact, it hurt my feelings that he felt that way. Now I crave my girls for some good conversation, reminiscing, belly-laughing and the wisdom that we gain from each other through our long conversations. I love being married (and I strongly believe in marriage between a man and a woman) but there is such a difference between the relationships of a man and a woman and a woman and a woman. I love each relationship so much and I am grateful for my friends! Thanks Tricia, Julie, Kemra and Sarah for a grand time! I love each of you!
1.21.2008
{martin and friends}
It is MLK Day and I am at work. {Bleh} for me but {Yea!} for you because I am one of the only people blogging today. Everyone else is sledding or shopping or sleeping in or sipping cocoa or studying (this one's David) or sight-seeing or sending "Thank You" cards from Christmas or shaping up at the gym or maybe just sitting around. Notice the common thread? All my action verbs started with "s"! I am obviously bored on this MLK Day.
My friends and I got together on Saturday morning for a little breakfast at Crackers and Co. It was so good to see them but even better to have some "girl time". When David and I first got married, I didn't believe him when he said that I would want some time for myself or with my girlfriends. In fact, it hurt my feelings that he felt that way. Now I crave my girls for some good conversation, reminiscing, belly-laughing and the wisdom that we gain from each other through our long conversations. I love being married (and I strongly believe in marriage between a man and a woman) but there is such a difference between the relationships of a man and a woman and a woman and a woman. I love each relationship so much and I am grateful for my friends! Thanks Tricia, Julie, Kemra and Sarah for a grand time! I love each of you!
My friends and I got together on Saturday morning for a little breakfast at Crackers and Co. It was so good to see them but even better to have some "girl time". When David and I first got married, I didn't believe him when he said that I would want some time for myself or with my girlfriends. In fact, it hurt my feelings that he felt that way. Now I crave my girls for some good conversation, reminiscing, belly-laughing and the wisdom that we gain from each other through our long conversations. I love being married (and I strongly believe in marriage between a man and a woman) but there is such a difference between the relationships of a man and a woman and a woman and a woman. I love each relationship so much and I am grateful for my friends! Thanks Tricia, Julie, Kemra and Sarah for a grand time! I love each of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This picture makes me sad because I should be in it, but if you remember, I'm the moron that thought your reception was the next day! :( I'm still sad about that. I can't believe I missed it! P.S. I had tons of fun too! We really should do that more often. I need my girls!
Aw, thanks Liz. Its true, sometimes you just NEED your girlfriends, whether you are married or not. I learn so much from all of you. I'm all up for this once a month breakfat club thing, and I'll plan it every time if I have to!
Liz, I feel for you. Shawn is studying at school for a scholarship, so I'm at home sitting and stewing...how do you like those S's.:-)
Man, I miss you girls! I wish I could have been there!
your so lucky!
I totally know what you mean!! Love our hubbies to death but there are certain things that are just more fun to tell girls! I love girl time, sounds like you guys had a blast!! :)
Post a Comment