Look. I love me a good hamburger, especially when it is homemade. Maybe that's because I find gross enjoyment in squishing raw meat between my fingers (especially in the summer when my hands are hot and sweaty).Post-script: Save your "ewwww" comments for a rainy day. You can't sway me or my love for raw meat touching.
Anywho, David and I went to the cabin for a weekend getaway (more on that tomorrow after I download our crash-and-burn sledding videos off my camera). On our way home, we stopped at The Red Onion in Heber, AZ for dinner. I've been wanting to go to The Red Onion for months and he said, "Yes". And I was pleased. And I was very, very pleased. How often do you order a hamburger at a restaurant and they bring it out to you in such a way that you feel like you're at a summer BBQ at a friend's house sipping Izze's from the bottle and watching the kids do cannonballs and flips off the diving board? That's what I thought. Never.
Delicious, perfectly portioned, hand-formed hamburgers (a leetle disappointingly "unpink") with a generous slice of green leaf lettuce, 2 plump tomato slices, pickles, and of course - 4 slices of red onion. Ba doi. Top that toasted bun with some condiments and you have yourself a summer day, my friends. We will be going back for that bad boy (for $4.75 you better believe it).
5 comments:
You sold me! I am going to try it next time I pass through.
I want one now!
MMMM... I'm salivating as I type! Thanks for the heads up.
you've officially grossed me out...you should have warned me, 'cmon meat through your sweaty summer fingers.... ;o) LOL
oh and p.s. you better warn nie not to read this....!
Post a Comment