I have been married for 272 days. That means that I only have 93 days to plan our 1 year anniversary to Hawaii!
You know how they say "time flies when you're having fun"? Well, this year has been the longest year of my life . . . but I'm not saying I didn't have fun. This 1 year has seemed like 5.
I feel like I've changed so much over the last 272 days. Every day, I learn something new about myself or David. One day I'll learn that I'm a lot more patient than I give myself credit for. The next day I'll learn that I hurt my adorable husband when I ask him to snuggle with me when I know he needs his space. The next day I'll learn that I am horrible at making homemade bread when I so desperately want to be. The next day I'll learn that, even though I can't make a decent loaf of bread, I'm still a good wife because I'm trying. The next day I'll learn that this time in my life is a perfect time to become good at the things that I want to master before I'm a mother (i.e. sewing). The next day I'll learn that being in the temple with my husband solves practically everything. The next day I'll learn that I make my husband so happy when I make him dinner and gush with love for him when he insists that he does the dishes while I relax. The next day I'll learn that my husband wishes I was more athletic and I'll work hard to learn how to play volleyball (still working on that one). The next day I'll learn where to buy the cheapest produce. The next day I'll learn how to wake up a few minutes before David so I can start cooking the steel cut oatmeal before he gets in the shower. After all those days of learning, a month has usually gone by and I'll have my monthly breakdown (if you know what I mean) about something ridiculous and then I'll learn, very slowly, that every time I have those "breakdown" moments it tears me down inside and only I can control that. The next day (or after about 3) I'll learn that everything is fine and that my David still loves me and that life goes on.
I have been married for 272 days and it has been awesome.
What have you learned in your days or year(s) of marriage?
4 comments:
Well, I don't have too much more experience but I have been married for 25 months in one week and this is what I have learned over the years:
~Support first, criticize later
~Not having dinner cooked when Rolf gets home does not make me a bad wife
~A clean home makes you both happier and therefore you fight less
~Even though he is a guy, there are somethings he completely understands
~He is a guy so he wont understand everything
~Always say I love you!
~It is okay to "do your own thing"
We are celebrating our four year wedding anniversary in about two weeks. I have learned a lot and have grown so much.
These are things that I have learned:
-Going to the temple and spending time together in those sacred walls are the best minutes you can have in your marriage.
-There isn't anything more important than spending time together.
-Having a child together will open your eyes up to what type of person your husband really is.
-Having a child together makes your heart grow more in love with each other.
-Although you may not be able to understand EVERYTHING, you should still be there for them whenever they need you.
--- I am so happy for you and David. Congratulations and good luck!
The most important thing is to always consider the needs of your spouse first.
And you CAN make wonderful homemade bread, but you will have to trade in your Kitchen Aid for a Bosch. :)
The kitchen aid can't be the problem, can it? I am having the same bread issues. My whole wheat rolls are yummy and light and well-risen. But, my whole wheat bread is always dense and not-fluffy. Liz, let me know when you find the solution. And Alice, I will eat my words if it is the Kitchenaid. I may have to own the bosch too.
I completely agree about the temple. All problems disolve when we go there together.
Post a Comment