David and I love a lot of restaurants but one of our favorites is George's At The Cove on the Ocean Terrace. It is in La Jolla, overlooking the La Jolla Coves. The view is wonderful, the service is spectacular and the food is unbelievably good. When we were there about a month ago, I ordered the herb crusted halibut over white corn, snap peas with marinated cherry tomatoes and a basil salad. (The picture to the left is not of this dish.) It was so good that when we got home from our trip, I tried to recreate the recipe . . . without a recipe. So, here's my attempt:1 pound fresh halibut filet
8 ounces frozen white corn
1/4 pound sugar snap peas
8 cherry tomatoes
1 bunch fresh basil
Rosemary
Thyme
Sea Salt
Freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and trim the snap peas for later use. Trim the halibut and sprinkle generously with rosemary, thyme, sea salt and pepper. Heat a large saute pan with about 1 Tablespoon butter. Lay halibut filet herb side down and let saute for 5 minutes until crusted on the bottom. Remove the halibut from the saute pan and place on oven sheet with the uncooked side up. Cook in oven for about 5 minutes until flaky. While the halibut cooks, add another Tablespoon of butter to the saute pan and add the snap peas. Let them saute until slightly cooked and add the white corn, stirring until the corn is warm adding the cherry tomatoes at the very end until they are juicy. Place the
vegetable mixture on the bottom of a plate. Place the halibut filet on top (crusted side up) and sprinkle with torn basil. (both images from George's At The Cove website)
3 comments:
Dear Alice's Sister, You don't know me but I absolutely love your blog! What a doll you are! Jennifer
Yummy! I want to try it. (See you on the 25th)
I don't think we are invited. It's a bummer and I am sad about it. Melanie said it wasn't going to be a very big wedding.
Post a Comment