Do you remember road tripswith your family?
O, the blessed event. I am the tenth of eleven children. You bet . . . that means a yellow suburban was necessary for all of us to pile in. Road trips meant sandwiches made on the tailgate at the local KOA. Road trips meant harmony parts sung to "You Are My Sunshine" (Brady Bunch anyone?) as well as singing of humorous lyrics my grandpa taught us like "Mary Had A William Goat", "Johnny Sands and His Hag" and especially -- my mom's famous rendition of "California, Here I Come". Now, most of you have no idea what I am talking about but read on . . .
Dear Mom,
Tomorrow I am going to California . . . land of your birth
and of 75 degree weather in the middle of summer.
I am going to swim in the sea, bask in the sun, read books on the sandy beach
and altogether just enjoy good company and probably good food.
I would just like to say that although I will not be driving to this lovely state,
I will sing "California, Here I Come" at the top of my lungs as that airplane
begins its descent into San Diego. (Actually, I will probably just hum the tune.)
Love, Elizabeth
Have a good weekend. I'll be "finding myself in California".
1 comment:
...and getting engaged
Post a Comment