7.31.2006

Bryant Reunion

What a lovely weekend.
When I got to San Diego on Thursday,
David picked me up
and we went drove to the beach house.
I unpacked and then I spent a while being really happy that I was there with him.
We had a snack or two and then changed into nicer clothes and headed over to downtown to snag some tickets to Wicked!
It was very splendid.
After the play, we drove to a New York style pizza place, grabbed one slice of basil and tomato (my favorite), one slice of pepperoni and one slice of BBQ chicken
plus two cans of Dr. Pepper
.
We drove to a beautiful spot overlooking the bay and the whole view of downtown.
Talked and laughed and ate. Wonderful.


The next morning, I went on a long walk on the beach by myself.
I enjoyed seeing all the dogs and their owners being dragged along
as they chased the seagulls along the sand.
I loved smiling and wishing passers-by a "good morning".
When I got back, David wanted to go on a walk too.
We took a four mile hike around the point of the pier and his feet got thrashed.
After that, David and I walked across the street to the local grocery store
and picked up some food for dinner. We ate fish tacos at a great Mexican grill.
We threw on our swimsuits, packed a beach bag and spent the rest of the afternoon in the water, bodysurfing, playing SmashBall and taking naps on the sand.
After getting cleaned up, Cindy, Elise, Beth, David and I went to Nordstrom
at Fashion Valley for a little shopping during their Anniversary Sale.
Then off to La Jolla to enjoy the Kapu handroll, Monkey Balls, Shrimp Noodles and Edamame at Sushi on the Rock. Delicious.


David woke me up the next morning at 7:00 with a kiss.
He watched the news for a while and held me until I woke up enough to get dressed
and go on a walk on the beach . . . this time with shoes.
We walked in the morning rain and got soaked to the bone.
David hates getting wet with rain.
It was a chilly morning, not great for swimming so we just
hung out at the beach house for a while.
In the afternoon, we went down to the beach
and I felt a little less scared of bodysurfing.
We cleaned up and went back to Nordstrom with
his dad to finish up suit shopping. My boyfriend is so handsome in a suit.
We had ravioli and zucchini for dinner. That night we went
Extraordinary Desserts
-- and stood in line for an hour to get in . . . for good reason.
I had the La Bete Noir and David had the Triple Berry Torte
with homemade root beer.
We stayed up very late cuddling on the beach and watching the surf. Romantic.


Church on Sunday was at 9:00.
After church, we took a long drive to the La Jolla coves
and watched the seals on the beach. We wish we could afford to live there.
I love Point Loma
so we drove over to the
Point Loma lighthouse and walked around there and the Tide Pools,
although we couldn't see anything.
We drove back to the beach house, ate a delicious dinner of
chicken and noodles, carrots, salad and an ice cream sandwich.
I packed my bags, bade the Bryants farewell
and David drove me to the airport.
We said goodbye and my only consolation was that I will see him in 4 days
when he comes to New Mexico for my family reunion.
If you were wondering if I'm really in love with him . . . then YES!

No comments: