Bornholm was by far my favorite place that we went to in Europe. That was our first major destination and I thought I just loved it because we hadn't been
anywhere else yet.
I was wrong.
I just loved it because it's 30 kilometers across
and 40 kilometers across the other way.
I just loved it because the people there are
quiet, mannerly and kind. I just loved it because there are
windmills and thatched roofs on all the houses.
I just loved it because the Baltic Sea beach
had sand so fine that they use it for hourglasses.
I just loved it because the lady at
Kjaerstrup Chocolate By Hand gave us $20 worth of chocolate samples.I just loved it because my
great-great grandfather, Peder Nielson,
was from this island and a lot of my relatives probably still live there.
I just loved it because 7 out of 10 people that go to Bornholm will go back.
I know I will . . . well, I hope I can anyway.
1 comment:
wow, it's like you had your own personal photographer with you...oh wait you did! beautiful pics. i love this "new bit about the trip" everyday on the ada chef blog. it's so intruiging!
Post a Comment