5.14.2006

Thank you, IRELAND

So, for the last five months I have been trying to find a teapot that matches my adorable
Anthropologie teacups
which my adorable brother, Stephen, gave to me for Christmas. I love those dang teacups
but there was no matching teapot,
so I was on a quest to find one that matched those gold rimmed, colorful, vintage darlings.
On our last day in Ireland, we were on our way to the Dublin airport and decided to stop in Bray to look at some of the shops in this little seaside town.
My mom and I walked in to an antique shop and the first thing I saw was
this wonderful yellow teapot with gold accents!
I was so excited but even more thrilled
when I saw that it was only three Euros!
That's about $5.00 in American and let me tell you, it was a steal!
This morning I had African Amber tea . . . courtesy of my new
yellow Irish teapot with gold accents! Thank you, Ireland.

2 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

Lizzy that truly is a great match! Your "Thank you, Ireland" title reminded me of Alanis Morisette's "Thank you, India" I kind of started singing "Thank you, Ireland" in the appropriate tune in my head!
Even if you didn't have those wonderful tea cups, that tea pot would have caught your eye...it's perfect.

elizabeth said...

THIS is why I know you are my best friend: I wrote "Thank you, Ireland" because in my head I was singing Alanis Morisette's "Thank you, India". How funny is that? Isn't it a splendid teapot? I just love it to pieces. When you come in June, we will have a tea party, ok?