Tonight, I saw Mr. Miyagi . . . play jazz percussion.
No, but seriously, I didn't really see Mr. Miyagi. However, I did see someone just as amazing. Tonight, I went to a jazz festival where Harold Jones played with other jazz performers. The cool thing is that Harold Jones was the drummer for Count Basie. If you know jazz, you know that Count Basie is awesome so I was pretty stoked. Harold Jones played for Sarah Vaughan and Natalie Cole . . . yeah. He's performed with Oscar Peterson, Duke Ellington, Bing Crosby, Nancy Wilson, The (whole) Rat Pack, Ray Charles, Joe Williams, B.B. King . . . Ella Fitzgerald for crying out loud! There was a jazz vocalist, Lisanne Lyons, that was very good as well. She sounded like Jane Monheit (one of my personal favorites). You know what's cool about BYU-Idaho? What's cool is that I get to go to things like this for 4 measley dollars!
No comments:
Post a Comment