1.16.2006

decorations On a white wall


My wall is covered in things. Marcus got me a new calendar for Christmas (which I dearly love). I also have posted a few of my favorite pages from the latest Anthropologie magazine up. I realize that this is a little "Britney Spears poster"-ish but . . . you'll get over it. I also have posted up a little framed quote (top right) that says "I am not afraid. I was born to do this." -- Joan of Arc

I've realized that the little things make the biggest differences. I'm so much happier when my ugly white walls are not bare. It's the little touches of the things I like that make my life brighter. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. I can't afford the patchwork armchair with intricate thread detailing, so I just paste up the picture of it. Maybe someday, if I'm really good, I'll get to own cool things that I can sit in. Sleep on. Taste. Smell. Curl up in. Smile at from across the room. That will be nice. And soft. I like soft things.

No comments: