10.19.2005

White Trash BBQ 2005

"Get 'er done!", they yell at the Jerry Springer glared television set as their flowing mullet cascades onto their oversized flannel. Who might this person be? White trash, of course! In honor of our W.T. friends, my FHE group had a "White Trash BBQ". What fun! I was sporting an enormous purple t-shirt with carousel horses and a pink tank top, white shorts, furry boots and a glorious blue headband. I looked delightful as did Mitch with her stylish claw bangs and ski vest. When I saw her bangs, I realized that I hadn't laughed that hard in at least 3 months. We made an incredibly suave representation of W.T. with our prominent sign, ironing board "table" and stereo blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd. Oh yeah! You better believe it. We even grilled "brauts" and hot dogs on our George Foreman instead of the grill. It was so sweet.

White Trash n. offensive slang
1. Used as a disparaging term for a poor white person or poor white people.
2. Used as a disparaging term for a white person or white people perceived as being lazy and ignorant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like it was a lot of fun. There is still time to take life seriously, you should make sure you have more time to have some good laughs. :)

Anonymous said...

we pretty much rock...or should i say "got 'er done." i was talking to brent yesterday and he just said, you girls are awesome, i can't believe you went so far out for the white trash bbq! what does he expect!!! we're the girls of 602.....