Here is a really incredible marinade for meat that we use for steak tips at BHCC. I think it is similar to the marinade that Cafe Rio uses on their pork barbacoca. So, if you are obsessed with CR's pork salad (like me) then you might want to try this out:
2 cups duck sauce
1 cup plum sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
8 cups Coca-Cola (1/2 gallon)
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 comments:
What is duck sauce and where can I get it? Ditto for plum sauce?
Alice,
Although the name would imply otherwise, duck sauce doesn't have duck in it. It usually has plums, apricots, vinegar, water, sugar, lemon juice, ginger, onions, garlic, cinnamon . . . that kind of thing. I know you can buy it at a Chinese specialty store, but I'm also pretty sure a normal grocery store would have it. It's pretty common. I have a recipe for it if you really want it, but I think it would be a lot easier to search a few stores than to make it. Plum sauce is made from plums, ginger and chili. It's also pretty common and not terribly expensive. You might have to "be Mom" and go to Harvest Foods. I'm SURE they would have it.
Post a Comment