
Today was crazy! This morning, as I walked into work, Vinny handed me a section of the Boston Globe newspaper with an article that read, "Are we ready for a Mormon President?". I was pleasantly surprised to hear positive references to the Church and our beliefs. I guess there are rumors that Mitt Romney will be running for office in 2008. Who knows? I am just glad that there are people out there that support our lifestyles and beliefs.
For some strange reason, almost everyone was off today so it was just me in the Grille Room. Bad news for a Friday. Luckily, John Haelson (the high school teacher) was there doing some stuff for a function in the main kitchen. He helped me out a lot today and we talked a little too. We talked about my age and how I am really young and inexperienced. One nice thing he said to me was, "You command respect. People don't respect you because of your age. They respect you because you carry yourself well and have a sure way about you." That is one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me. It was really nice.
We also had a golf outing today and a food show. On the second floor of the club, they had about 50 different vendors with booths showing their products with samples. We had guys all over in our kitchens using the frialators, grills, ovens, steamers, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, stoves . . . you name it. A few of the chefs were getting preterbed with them for being in the way. I just thought it was fun and interesting. I took some pictures and also some of the left-over food.
Chad got in a Wolf fish today (also known as: an ocean catfish). It has got to be the ugliest fish I've ever seen in my life. Yuck! He said that when you get fish and chips out here in New England this is what they usually use. Check it out. It's totally sick.
Chad also had me marinade some chicken breasts with the same rub I used the other day. I guess it was really good so he wanted me to use it again. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment