7.16.2005

July 16, 2005 (IJ)

Busy day! The time goes by so much faster when we are busy. We had a golf outing today with about 90 people and the golf course was closed to the other members. Usually we have a BBQ out on the course for the golfers to get their food at, but we didn't today so we were supposed to be swamped with all the "outingers". However, we had a fair amount of people come to the Grille Room from the swimming pool. A lot of kids in bathing suits and moms in cover-ups and monstrous Gucci sunglasses. These people amaze me. Really, who has time to sit around all day and pamper yourself? One guy said that he and his wife have eaten at the club every day for the past month and a half. Don't you think that's a little excessive? I do.

Vinny, the 70ish year old golf pro, has been asking me questions about Mormons. He is constantly telling me how much he respects the religion and what we believe in. He's super, duper Catholic and the sweetest old man around. Today he said that he "would like to learn more about my religion". Score! I told him that I have a book he can read. He was really excited so I am going to get some pamphlets to give to him along with a Book of Mormon. Missionary work is like nothing else. It makes me so insanely happy!

4 comments:

AliceK[i]ND said...

I hope you told him you could send some missionaries to his house!!!!!

Mary said...

Liz you are such a good example to everyone you meet. I'm sure they are delighted to get information about the church from someone who is noticably so radiant. IT makes your day, doesn't it, when you have an experience like that. I had one myself today. Love, Mom

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elizabeth said...

What? Mom, I want to hear about it. Call me!