It was a fairly busy day today. I made French Dip for the panini of the day and it was delicious. I love French Dip. I used roast beef (of course), swiss (of course) and caramelized onions with an au jus that was delicious. I was rather pleased. I used some beef base and made a beef stock and then added some mirepoix (diced carrots, onions and celery), bay leaves, thyme and salt and pepper. I let it reduce for about 30 minutes and then I strained it. I added a little bit more water, let it reduce again but I wanted it a little more thick so I added some arrowroot with water (a lot like cornstarch). It turned out to be a nice sandwich.
Chad said we are going to get in a Monkfish tomorrow. I am really excited to see it. It's strange that people bother buying them because only the tail is what can be used and it's not very big. He said that I will be scared when I see it. I can't wait. I'll take pictures and post them tomorrow.
And I still like Phil.
2 comments:
Hi Liz, I've just started reading your blog and getting caught up on things. I got your message,(when you called several weeks ago) I've been in Az, so it took a while for me to get it. Anyway, email me your phone number and I'll call you. I'm really bored right now. All the Packards are gone and Mom and Dad are gone too. So email me your number!
Heidi, are you still in AZ? How long have you been/were you there?
Post a Comment