I cannot believe it is already July! This is insane! I will be back in Idaho before I know it. I better take advantage of public transportation, the beautiful river, no curfew (like I care right now) and the historical places all around me. This has gone by so fast!
Today, I shucked about 500 corn husks (with some help, of course). Oi! My arms better be getting buff after this. Then, Chad had me take the crab meat out of the shells. That took a while because I was doing that in between the crazy orders we had, the birthday cake singing and bossing everyone around. :) It was a good day and went by quite fast. I made up a panini today that was Teriyaki chicken and provolone cheese with an orange honey sauce. It was okay. Not the greatest, but fine.
Every day on my way home from work, I see this nice, old hobo at my freeway exit. Each time I give him change, he smiles his toothless grin and says, "Thank you. God bless you." It's really nice. Sometimes they just take it and never even look at you. I have gotten to know him pretty well and always wish that I had some food to give to him instead of pennies and nickels. So, last night I made him some cookies and planned on giving them to him today on my way home. When I got off at the Central Square exit, he wasn't there! I thought, "Oh no! Where are you old homeless guy?" Then I saw him with his cane, crossing the bridge. Whew. I pulled up to him and rolled down my window, "Here you go!", I said. He looked over at me, obviously very puzzled. "Why on earth did this random girl give me cookies? I'm not even holding a 'homeless' sign." I think he finally recognized me when he came up to the car. He looked at me and said almost breathlessly, "Thank you. God bless."
The light turned green and I drove off, but I still feel good.
Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment