No, I have not been slacking on my writing the past couple of days. I had Sunday and Monday off this week which was a nice break. I switched to the Cambridge University ward on Sunday. I was supposed to be going to that ward all along, but because of other circumstances (meaning -- Matthew), I was going to Longfellow Park 2nd ward. I think I'll like this one a little better. There are a couple advantages and disadvantages to being in the University ward. I feel a lot more comfortable in this ward because everyone is my age and we have a little bit more in common. However, I adored the older ward specifically because they were . . . well, older. Sunday School in that ward is incredible. Of course, I would NEVER offer my perspective but it was still very uplifting to hear the opinions of Harvard and MIT graduate students. It's very a motivating and sometimes daunting experience. Luckily, I'm in the choir which combines all three wards: Longfellow Park 1st, 2nd and University so I get to see friends from the other ward.
I am unusually tired today from work. I think it's because I went running in Canton directly after I got off work. I think my body needs a little break before I exercise. However, I've decided that I want to live in Canton when I grow up. Not really, because I don't want to live in a predominantly Jewish community but the homes out there are marvelous. I doubt I burned very many calories because I kept stopping to check out one place or another. I guess I got that from my dad. We would always look at houses when I was growing up and I must have picked that up from him.
Chad asked me today if I was enjoying my internship. He asks me that almost every day and I usually just smile and say, "Yes! It's great! I'm learning so much. Thanks." Well today, in addition to that daily question, he asked me, "Is there anything you would like to do more?" I told him that I really enjoyed watching Mike work because he's so creative. I'm very interested in the more gourmet, artistic side of cooking and Mike definitely excels in that area. I told him that I'm not very good at plating and things like that and he said, "Well, we do a lot of that during the night shift. Do you want to start working nights more?" Oops. I don't really want to work nights because it's so nice to be able to have a "normal" schedule. I guess he could sense my hesitation because he said, "Well, I'll just schedule you for one night every couple of weeks." That's fine with me. It's not like I do anything at night anyway except wait for e-mails from friends that usually never come. (hint hint)
After this conversation, Chad magically gave me all these jobs that allowed me to do presentation. Everyone that was walking by my "works of art" said, "Wow. That looks really good." I felt a little embarrassed that they sounded so surprised, but I was glad that they noticed. I thought they turned out really well. I guess all my scrapbooking and painting has paid off. At the end of the day, Mike had me pick some cilantro and Italian parsley in the herb garden. I accidentally pulled the cilantro plant a little too hard and uprooted it. Hmmm. Don't tell anyone. I just put it back.
No comments:
Post a Comment