6.14.2005

June 14, 2005 (IJ)

Here it comes. I'm starting to feel the affects of Bobbi Jo's "relinquishment" (if you will). It's actually really nice to be able to have something to be in charge of. None of the other interns are given this opportunity. I feel like Chad has a lot of faith in me and it makes me want to try harder. I don't think they are going to hire anyone in Bobbi's spot so . . .

Today, we were actually closed to the members but we had a golf outing. We made stuffed lobster tails for a really long time. We cut them in half, opened the flesh and then twisted them on top of the shells and placed the stuffing inside. They looked really good. It's strange that people eat lobsters. I mean, they're the "cockroach of the sea". It's pretty sick when you think about it. They eat everything they can get their claws on. Even each other.

I invited Ramona (from Romania) over for dinner next week. Unbeknownst to her, that's also the day that I offered to feed the sister missionaries. I'll told her I was just having some friends from church over. So, once she gets her work schedule for next week (on Thursday) I'll know for sure if she wants to come or not. Cross your fingers . . . or pray.

1 comment:

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Liz,
i think claire would really dig the bus/boat. i think her father would like it too...we will be up to check it out...in the mean time dont cut your finger off