5.19.2005

City Girl

I just moved to Boston. Wow! I just moved to Boston. Here I am living in Cambridge, a 5 minute walk from Harvard Square and just outside my bedroom window is the Charles River. Every morning, I get into my expertly (*wink wink*) parallel parked car and fight my way through a series of one way streets and city traffic. Boy, it's strange how just a couple of days ago I was terrified of driving here. Now it's an adventure, "character building", fun. When I first arrived at my apartment, I was worried and a little depressed to be so far away from all my friends and family. So, I took a deep breath and really got into the swing of these here in the East.

I work at Blue Hill Country Club (http://bluehillcountryclub.com) as a intern chef. It's a little different than what I was expecting but I really like it! The other day I made rosemary marinated grilled chicken and brie paninis on sourdough. One of my bosses is 21 years old! That's insane in the culinary world. I'm learning a lot from him. He's really patient with me and makes up the most interesting concotions. Yesterday, he made a dish with asparagus, grilled Mahi Mahi placed on a bed of coconut curry risotto. It was incredibly delicious. I hope that someday I'll be able to just make up things like that without using recipes or other's ideas.

No comments: