Sidenote: David and I recently counted how many computers are currently in use at my parent's house: a total of 7 if you count David's work laptop. Radiation anyone?
Anyway, I have to tell you about some things going on. First, Mother's Day was really sweet. We were going to be out of the house by Sunday, so David gave me my present early so I could enjoy it in our house. He picked me up the most beautiful bouquet of flowers, a delish bar of Godiva dark chocolate and 3 children's books (Flotsam, The Higher Power of Lucky and Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!)
Sidenote: I need to buy The Penderwicks. I am in love with these books and rightly so. They are charming, innocent and down-right lovely. Anything with this delightful of a cover must be good.I love that David was thoughtful enough to get me a gift for Mother's Day even though I'm not a mother. More than that, I love that he was thoughtful enough to think of getting me a gift that I will use as a mother in the future. He's pretty darn great.
Moving has been quite the process. We were scrambling to get out of the house only to find out that we still haven't sold that darn sofa and we can't afford to move our piano! Drat! Now we are in the middle of figuring out the details but the transition to my parent's house has been great for one solid reason: my parents are awesome.
Our other exciting news is David's upcoming company party. Can I even tell you how excited I am? Is it OK that I'm this excited for a company party? Well, here's why I'm excited.
Our other exciting news is David's upcoming company party. Can I even tell you how excited I am? Is it OK that I'm this excited for a company party? Well, here's why I'm excited.
A) The company is not my company - since David recently switched jobs so we no longer have the same parties to attend.
B) The event is "out of town" (READ: Carefree, Arizona) and they are putting us up for the night at the Carefree Resort and Villas. Do I care how nice it is (or isn't)? No. Do I care that it is only like 40 miles from our house? No. Do I care that it is excessively decorated in the Southwest style? No. In fact, I'm kind of happy that I get to stay at a resort in Arizona. I've never been on the tourist side of things here in the Phoenix valley. Plus, I've never been to the North side of the valley so it should be fun.
C) I get to "gussy" myself up for the formal dinner and awards banquet that night. I'm going to look so hot - just you wait.
Here's the big problem: There's a BIG FAT nothing to do in Arizona in the summer. Maybe we'll get lucky and be blessed with some more of this awesome weather we've been having. I doubt it. Does anyone know of anything remotely fun to do in Carefree or Cave Creek?
Oh, and since I have no recent pictures to share - here's one of my favorite (less well-known) engagement photos. I thought I'd throw this in for good measure. I love California. 
1 comment:
Last I checked, there is some pretty good antiquing and shops in cave creek. My mom used to go all the time.
Post a Comment