4.14.2008

I can do hard things

My department at work is starting a weight loss challenge next month. It will go on for 4 months and the winner gets $1,000! Can you believe it? I'm so excited for whoever wins (but I hope it's me)! My goals include losing 2 pant sizes and approximately 20 pounds (give or take based on muscle increase). Can I do it? Yes, I can! You know why? Because Donnie's blog post about running a 1/2 marathon inspired me when she said, "I CAN DO HARD THINGS". I like to repeat that to myself when I'm killing myself during lunges and suicides. It's totally true: I can do hard things!

If I win, I'm also giving myself a special treat: Betsy's haircut. I hope I look half as cute as she does with this 'do.

4 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Good Luck! You can DO it!

Tricia said...

Wow! That is incredible- want to know the best secret to losing weight-worked for me with Miss Arizona when I procrastinated for forever and then had to be in a swimsuit in three weeks. Eat an earlier dinner and stop eating after five. Even six would work... promise! Try it for just a week and see if that works for your body! I was also eating grapefruit and grape nuts in the morning, a delicious huge salad for lunch and usually a salad for dinner again or chicken or something. But, I almost always had a brownie at lunch time because I couldn't resist them at the whole grain bread store. You've gotta keep sane! Good Luck...you're going to do it!

Tricia said...

Okay, and this is Tricia- you know that right?

elizabeth said...

LOL, Tricia you are so funny. Of course it's you! It makes me laugh to think of a) Chase dieting and b) Chase dieting for Miss Arizona. Still laughing.

I will try that! I've already lost a couple of pounds in the last month so I just need to keep being diligent. Thanks for the support you guys!