10.29.2007

{lost movies}

I've always wanted to lose my voice. The raspy-ness has always been so sexy to me but now that I've not been able to talk for the last 3 days, it's getting really old. So, if you call me today I will probably not answer.

This weekend, David and I saw Dan In Real Life and Elizabeth: The Golden Age. I loved Dan In Real Life. You should definitely, definitely see this movie even if you aren't a Steve Carell fan. I don't know who a person could NOT be a Steve Carell fan, but to each his own I guess.

There were a few parts in Elizabeth where I felt a swelling pride for England's Queen - and I'm not even British. Cate Blanchett is spectacular and her acting made up for the slow parts . . . the many, many slow parts.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks for the reviews, those are two movies on my "need to see" list.

Michelle @ Twig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle @ Twig said...

are we twins??? i have the whole raspy voice thing going on right now too!

kt said...

I am so glad to hear your reviews on these, b/c I'm pretty picky about going to movie theatres. I NEED/CRAVE/REQUIRE recommendations!

xoxo
kt

Erica said...

I LOVED Dan in Real Life.

And I have an older man crush on Steve Carrel