10.11.2007

21 days until Hawai'i means: 21 days until I might get a tan and roll around the sand knowing that I'm not at work, but instead, dipping my toes in the blue ocean. I will eat sushi and other delicious items known as fruit and icy drinks. I will take long, dusky walks with David on the surrounding greens at the 8th hole cliff to watch the sun set over Kona. I will snorkel (even though it scares me half to death) and hopefully sail again. We will celebrate our one-year anniversary by doing lots of romantic things - I'll spare you the details. I will hike in the rainforest to waterfalls and other beautiful scenes. I will sleep in and on a beach towel with a delightful book and fully appreciate "doing nothing".

Here's where you (my wonderful readers) come in: Where can I get a cute swimsuit this time of year? Does anyone have a good book recommendation?

6 comments:

Chase & Tricia said...

ELizabeth! I love your blog! I got pulled into this whole thing-you need to teach me how to make it all cute. Okay, so jealous that you're going to Hawaii!

Love ya,

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I would try www.jcrew.com - they have some cute things!

Also anything by Jennifer Weiner would be a good beach read.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Try L.L. Bean, for a suit, they usually have them available online all year.

For a fun beach read, I love The Nanny or Pride, Predjudice, and Jasmine Field by Melissa Nathan. Also Sammy's Hill by Kristen Gore is pretty good.

When at the beach I also like to revistit some old friends (books I love, but haven't read for a while) like: To Kill a Mockingbird, Bridge to Terrabithia, The Mixed of Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankwiler, The Phantom Toll Booth, Are You There God Its Me Margaret?, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle (are you noticing a theme here? Children's books are often very simple in a way that allows children to grasp their basic meaning, however, many of these books explore deeper themes and are a lot of fun to read as an adult because they are usually written with concise yet beautiful language. You'll find that you get so much more out of them now, than you might have as a child...also it doesn't hurt that these can usually be finished during a single vacation, when reading is typically sporadic.)

kemra said...

Try Layersclothing.com for cute swimsuits. I just got an email from them that they were all on clearance too!

Melissa said...

I have never found a swim suit that made my boobs bigger and hips smaller, so I can't help you. As far as books go, if you haven't read Austenland - read it! If you have try "These is my words" - a great book. Did I mention I was jealous?

Stacy said...

Lindsay,
When we spoke at Cafe Rio I honestly never saw you post, so today I went on a hunt to find it, and tada there it was...

Any way I see you are going to Hawaii soon. As you know Jacob and I got married there so obviously it has a very sweet spot in my hear. What part of Hawaii are you going to? Let me know because if it is anywhere near where we go I can tell you so fun things to do.