9.23.2007

delicious goodies from grammy

As I said before, David and I inherited a lot of Grammy's things yesterday. Here are a few of my favorites:
I love this lobster pot. Inside is a steam plate to steam lobsters, crab and other seafood. It's sectioned off to cook your ingredients separately, like for a seafood stew or something. David's mom, Cindy, said it was a wedding present from the 60's that she had received two of and gave the other to Grammy.













I'm crazy about this rocking chair. It looks amazing in our bedroom. I love how simple and wide the back is. It's pretty old but it still rocks like a gem.
















I like this embroidered table cloth. I like that it is black and white. It has a lot of detail that you can't see very well from this picture but it is really nice. I don't know how often I'll use it, but I like it.









Grammy embroidered these two pillowcases years ago for each of the grandchildren. I love the look of "paper dolls" along the border.











When David's mom said I could have these glasses, I almost jumped for joy. I love them!

















And, of course, the infamous dining table. I have not been able to describe it very well but it looks so beautiful in our house. For how long she's had it, it's pretty amazing that there isn't a scratch to be seen on this solid wood table. As you can see, I really need to update the upholstery fabric.









Since it's fairly easy to recover chair covers, I figured I can really do something trendy and "right now". I'm not worried about it being traditional because I'm not going to have it for a long time. In a couple of years, I can change it to something else to suit the next place we live in. For now, I think I'm pretty set on this fabric:
As those of you who have been to my house know, I have some pictures framed in this same yellow with this same green around the area in ribbon. I just love it. Thanks to whoever suggested Amy Butler fabric.

4 comments:

AliceK[i]ND said...

Love the fabric! Do it!

Case said...

Your house is the cutest I'm sure and this stuff will just compliment it.
Okay so got the best news this week at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A bird (the beautiful emily jones) told me that you are going to start working there now! Yeah!!!!So now we can be all chummy and actually see each other for reals instead of me just reading your cute blog and wishing it.

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

yay! im so glad you liked the Amy Butler fabrics. I hope you share a photo of how it turns out. I really like the fabric you picked, I have used it to make a bag for a friend (the blue one, http://tinyurl.com/2y6u2l)