6.27.2007

I think the answer to the question, "Paper or plastic?"
at Whole Foods Market is, "plastic".
I think.
I mean, I'm not sure if the stunned looks
I got from the man behind me were a sign of respect
or merely the glare of disgust that I think it was.
I'm sorry for liking my peaches in a paper bag that has nice handles
that won't drop my precious fruit all over the place as I hike to my car.
I'm sorry that I enjoy keeping everything in a neat rectangle
at the bottom of my paper bag.
And the worst sin of all, I like the way they look.
So sue me.
Besides, I thought someone decided that plastic bags
were causing global warming or some rubbish like that.
What do you think of that?

3 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

Oooh snub him, you're totally in the right by saying paper...and i agree with all your reasons, including it being more environmentally sound...whole foods should know that!

Deidra said...

Even better are your own reusable bags. You can fit so much more in them, plus, the longer handles make carrying easier.

The trick is remembering to take them into the store! ;-)

kt said...

yeah I bought the reusable one, but I can't FIND it ...

I like the green :)