6.07.2007

Changes are SOO good.

Remember how I promised you all that I would have to do
some different things around this house of mine?
Well, I did it!
I kept my promise
(which I'm pretty sure I only promised myself and not you, the reader)!

Change #1: This wall used to be cream colored . . . and that's IT! Bo-ring! So, I spruced things up a bit by painting some IKEA frames yellow and throwing in multiple wedding pictures. Then, I hung up these awesome silhouettes that Stephanie painted for me for our wedding (see anything different, Steph?) with some lovely green ribbon.
I give it a 10 out of 10.


Change #2: We desparately needed a place for bills and other things. So, I bought a really cheap bulletin board at Michaels, painted it and put it in this freakishly small space next to the computer.
I give it a 4 out of 10.









Change #3:
Before we got married, I thought it would be really cute to have lots of photographs of food in our kitchen. I still think it's a cute idea but it was getting pretty boring and the pictures kept falling off. So, I took them out of frames and tacked up a colorful ribbon behind them.
I give it a 7 out of 10.











Change #4:
My spice rack was a gift for our wedding and I use it all the time. Unfortunately, sometimes it's a little hard to tell which spice is which because there are no labels! What? Anyway, good ol' Martha posted lovely templates for me to print out onto label paper. It was so nice of her.
I give this a 9 out of 10.


More changes to come!

P.S. The "changing" process can be sped up by doing one of the following: sending large sums money, dropping off antiques at my address and/or posting decorating ideas for me to read.

2 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

i'll just send the money, is that okay?

Anonymous said...

I linked over from Cjane's blog and just had to tell you that yours is charming! I love the changes to your house (though i had no idea what it looked like before.) Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but i sort of think if we knew each other in real life, we might be friends.