6.18.2007

The best part about being me is that no matter what happens, I’ll bounce back. I’m like that creepy red child’s ball in The Changeling that kept bouncing down the stairs to haunt the owner’s father out of his mind while he played his grand piano in his giant mansion . . . except I’m not scary like that movie.

No matter what happens to me, or in my life, I know that there are a few things that are resilient enough within me to always bounce back. The first is my love for my husband. I don’t care what we’ve said to each other to get on each other’s nerves or to hurt each other’s feelings. At the end of the day (either a figure of speech or literal), I know that we’ll always kiss goodnight and he’ll say, “I love you, girl” and I’ll smile in the dark.

Second is my belief in my religion. I know that no matter what concerns may come to mind through the doubtful words of those around me or the teasing of non-believers, the strength of my testimony will bounce back when I pray to my Heavenly Father and I feel that God is real.

Third is my sense of obedience. Since I am not perfect (and neither are you), I make mistakes often. That isn’t to say that I don’t feel the guilt of the decision that I am about to make or the pangs of “you know better” rushing through my mind. Through it all, I know that I’ll always bounce back to those feelings of being obedient to the things I know are right. I enjoy not being a “rebel” and I hope my children are blessed with the same desire to be obedient.
In any (and all) cases, I try to remember this:
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. – Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I completely agree! We are the mkaer of our attitudes!

I look back on moments in our life & see when a situation could have been a lot worse or not so fun, but we just tried to keep ourselves happy. ie...living in a mortuary for 1 year & working like mad or working every Saturday @ the temple & not having a life! It all has worked out for the best on our behalf!