1.27.2007

Phoenix Zoo

I am in love
with the baby orangutan at the Phoenix Zoo.


There. I said it.

My mom, Claire, Mary, Jane and I
went to the Zoo a couple of weeks ago on a sunny afternoon.
They've really "jazzed up" the place so children don't care
about the animals more than the carousel or the Swiss Family Robinson tree house.
My favorite part was watching the newborn monkey
wrap its hairy little arms around the mama's middle and nestle its head
under hers while she soaked in the sun.
I could have watched that for hours . . .
unfortunately, the girls couldn't wait to get back to the excitement
of a non-animal containing fort.
I would have been excited too had I been able to
safely fit under the doorways of that thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you might be a little "baby" hungry! ;)